Essaouira, or Mogador is an old fort and fishing port located within 2 hours drive from Marrakech, and considered one of the most popular excursions out of the busy and bustling Marrakech.
Full day excursion to Essaouira from Marrakech highlights:
Your day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech will begin with a drive along the Haouz palnes to Chichaoua village where you will stop for a cup of coffee before you continue to Sidi Mokhtar. On your way, you will cross the Argan trees forest, where you might spot some goats climbing the trees. To watch how the Argan oil (also called the liquid gold, or Moroccan oil) is extracted, you can visit a local ladies’ cooperative and learn how some fine cosmetic products are locally made out of the rich Argan oil.
From here, we will carry on to Essaouira. Upon arrival, you will explore the beautiful city at leisure :
- Visit the fishing port of Essaouira and watch the local fishermen returning back inland with their catch
- Visit Skala Kasbah, which was a citadel in the times of war
- Visit some of the beautiful Essaouira art galleries scattered in the Medina
- Stroll in the Medina of Essaouira, which can be explored easily as the streets are aligned opposite to every other Medina streets in Morocco, which look like a maze.
- Shop at leisure for some local souvenirs
- Have a seafood lunch in the harbor stalls or at a local café terrace
- Walk down the beach and watch local boys playing football
- Sunbathe at the 6 km long sandy beach
A day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech is by far the most appreciated day tour by our clients: Many of them discover that hidden gem for the first time and decide right away they will come back for sure to a short break in the peaceful and artsy and hippy town of Essaouira.
Out of experience, Exploring Essaouira is easy on your own: Locals are very friendly, the Medina is pretty small (compared to other old towns in Morocco), and its streets are in order. You definitely do not need a guide for the tour of the city. Should you insist on one, your driver will help you hire a local guide for the tour of the city.
Late in the afternoon, drive back to Marrakech, and your full day tour to Essaouira will end with a drop off at your hotel or the nearest car accessible point to your riad.
ESSAOUIRA DAY TRIP FACT SHEET :
Days of operation: Daily
Pick up time: 08h00
Return time: 18h30
MARRAKECH TO ESSAOUIRA EXCURSION TIMETABLE :
08h00: Pick up from your Marrakech hotel / Riad
11h00: Arrival at Essaouira
16h00: Departure from Essaouira to Marrakech
Pick up from your hotel / Riad in Marrakech
A/C modern minibus (no more than 17 passengers) driven by an English speaking driver
Drop off at your hotel or Marrakech city center.
NOT INCLUDED :