DAY 1: MARRAKECH – ZAGORA ( 6 HOURS DRIVE )
All along, several palm groves will bring their shades between Kasbahs and Ksours dotted with fields of corn, barley, Vegetables and henna plantations. Dinner and Overnight in Zagora.
DAY 2: ZAGORA – MERZOUGA ( 6 HOURS DRIVE )
Today, you will cross the volcanic peaks of the Anti Atlas Mountains driving south east across lunatic landscapes past oases located in the middle of nowhere. You will stop for lunch at the oasis of Alnif, where you’ll have lunch before you carry on to Merzouga , then to Erg Chebbi where your Sahara desert camp is located. Upon arrival, switch your mean of transportation into camels and enjoy an Erg Chebbi dunes camel trek to witness one of the most sought for views in the planet: Erg Chebbi’s dramatic sunset over the color changing sand dunes!
Drive back to your camp and get ready for a delicious Moroccan dinner under the stars while entertained by the local nomads playing their drums. Don’t miss the clear sky stars constellation before you go to bed.
DAY 3: MERZOUGA – DADES ( 6 HOURS DRIVE )
Early afternoon, drive along the Dades Valley where you’ll drive along some magnificient fortified Kasbahs and Berber Villages, with the sunset as a backdrop to Dades Gorges before you return to your hotel.
Dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: DADES – MARRAKECH ( 6 HOURS DRIVE )
We continue to Skoura oasis, considered one of the largest oases in the South and visit one of the Kasbahs there ( time permitting ) before we carry on to Ouarzazate for lunch.
Early afternoon , we drive to Marrakech via Tizi Ntichka and your driver will drive you straight to your hotel and riad where your 4 days desert trip from Marrakech will end.
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking river /guide
- Pick up from your Marrakaech hotel / Riad
- First night at hotel La Fibule de Draa including dinner and breakfast ( Private A/C ensuite room )
- Sunset camel ride in Erg Chebbi
- Overnight at a Saharara desert camp in Erg Chebbi ( Private tent ) with shared bathrooms – Showers available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge – Dinner and breakfast are included.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your desert tour ( €70 pp )
- Sunrise camel ride
- Third night at Auberge Panorama or Hotel Babylon (Private A/C ensuite room) with dinner & breakfast
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel or the closest accessible location to your riad if not car accessible.